ELF executable & relocatable

From: S kris
Subject: ELF executable & relocatable
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 17:56:56 +0530

hi

I have a very strange query? please clarify.

I understand that the ELF executable binary in Linux is usually not relocatable. So how to make or produce an ELF executable binary to be relocatable? Eventually the image should be both executable and relocatable, so that if binary in not loaded at its preferred load address then it should be able to fixup the addresses using .reloc section.

Thanks in advance

--Kris

Bollywood's back! Will June keep up the tempo? http://server1.msn.co.in/features/junemovies03/index.asp