Re: Question about getting started with gmake

From: Paul D. Smith
Subject: Re: Question about getting started with gmake
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 13:42:20 -0400

%% Jim Hartwig <address@hidden> writes:

  jh> I am working on a large software project that already had a
  jh> working gmake makefile system in place.

  jh> Can you point me to the best place to get started for
  jh> understanding how gmake works.

GNU make comes with a very decent user's manual.  If you don't have it
already installed on your system you can find an online version at
http://www.gnu.org in the documentation section.

This book is also available in hardcopy at most decent technical
bookstores, or can be ordered directly from the FSF (info at the above
web site).  This kind of purchase supports the FSF and free software
like GNU make.