ld -defsym option

From: S kris
Subject: ld -defsym option
Date: Tue, 08 Jul 2003 16:16:39 +0530

Hi,

I am trying to link the x.o and sample.a (contains y.o) using ld for creating executable. I have used -defsym xsymbol=ysymbol as the linker option for changing the symbol "xsymbol" defined in x.c to the symbol "ysymbol" defined in y.c. But i get the error "Undefined symbol 'ysymbol' referenced in x.o". What may be the reason for this error? Is this something to do with archive?

Please help me in fixing this?

Thanks

--Kris

Looking for love? Yearning for friendship? http://www.msn.co.in/Romance/ You're in the right place.