Re: Invoking Executable

From: Paul D. Smith
Subject: Re: Invoking Executable
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 10:03:47 -0400

%% "S kris" <address@hidden> writes:

  sk> How to invoke an executable file from the Makefile? For example, I
  sk> have an executable file "simple" in my system, how to invoke and
  sk> run this file from the Makefile?

I don't know what you mean.  Make invokes commands to update targets.
Given a makefile like this:

  foo:
        simple

if the file "foo" does not exist, then make will run the program
"simple" (which it expects to generate/update the file "foo").

Please read the GNU make manual, which is available both online and
comes with the GNU make source distributions, to learn more about how
make works and what it does.