Windows 2000 Shell

From: Sorenson, Ronald (MN10)
Subject: Windows 2000 Shell
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 09:04:35 -0700

What should be specified for the shell in the makefile when compiling from
the DOS command prompt in Windows 2000? I have specified the following at
the beginning of the makefile, and it enters the shell when a shell command
is to be executed, but it doesn't execute the command, nor return from the
shell until I manually exit it from the keyboard:
        SHELL=C:/WINNT/system32/cmd.exe

With no SHELL variable in the makefile make is unable to find even the echo
command. Your assistance would be appreciated.
Ron Sorenson