Query regarding make error [target pattern contains no `%']

From: jgrant
Subject: Query regarding make error [target pattern contains no `%']
Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2003 20:36:49 -0000

Hello,

I am having a problem with a simple makefile I created, I get the following
error:

$ make -f makefile3
makefile3:10: *** target pattern contains no `%'.  Stop.

I also had "multiple target patterns", sometimes.  It is odd as a near
identical makefile I am using in another directory works ok..  These errors
are both in the make-3.80/read.c:1136 block of code.

Could someone explain to me what I am accidentally doing incorrectly please?

I am testing with a win32 build of v3.80

Kind regards

Jonathan