trying to emulate "include"

From: Noel Yap
Subject: trying to emulate "include"
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 09:22:38 -0500

I'm trying to emulate "include" with the following:

aoeu.mk:
        touch $@

-include aoeu.mk

ifeq ($(wildcard aoeu.mk),)
  $(error aoeu.mk: No such file or directory)
endif

but it's the error gets emitted all the time.  Is there a way to do what I want?

I'm starting to think I'm going to need the "re-exec count" feature in order to
do this.

Thanks,
Noel
--
NOTICE: If received in error, please destroy and notify sender.  Sender does
not waive confidentiality or privilege, and use is prohibited.