Re: let me rephrase that -- question about empty commands

From: Paul D. Smith
Subject: Re: let me rephrase that -- question about empty commands
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 10:26:34 -0500

%% Noel Yap <address@hidden> writes:

  ny> Here's what I found in the manual:

  ny>      We feel that it is cleaner for a rule without commands to always
  ny>      simply add to the prerequisite list for the target.

  ny> IIRC, there's a bug in which this doesn't always happen (I think
  ny> it's mentioned in the multi-architecture paper at
  ny> paulandlesley.org).  Has a patch been created to fix this bug?

I'm not aware of any bug like that, nor can I find any reference to a
bug like that in the doc you refer to...?