Re: how to enfore execution of some commands.

From: Noel Yap
Subject: Re: how to enfore execution of some commands.
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 09:14:10 -0500

Cristian Zoicas wrote:
> I expected make to enter an infinite loop, but the documentation says
> that if the file is not created after it's the rule  which creates it
> is executed then it will not be regenerated again.

Cool, it looks like one viable, although not general, way to get things to
happen only once.

I'm also thinking of using the trick described at
http://make.paulandlesley.org/multi-arch.html to do something like this, but
it's way more work than what you have.

Thanks,
Noel
--
NOTICE: If received in error, please destroy and notify sender.  Sender does
not waive confidentiality or privilege, and use is prohibited.