Make can't find any directory

From: Benjamin Schindler
Subject: Make can't find any directory
Date: Thu, 25 Dec 2003 18:46:17 +0000

Hi

I have a big Problem: I'm using gentoo linux, and emerging things just works
fine. However, If I download any tarball, and try running make after
configuring, make is not able to find any directory. The directories
themselves exist.
The latest example was xmms-kde. Running make returns:
make  all-recursive
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/benjamin/software/xmms-kde-3.1'
Making all in Themes
/bin/sh: line 1: cd: Themes: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Fehler 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/benjamin/software/xmms-kde-3.1'
make: *** [all] Fehler 2

But running ls shows:
acflo.m4        config.h                configure.in            libtool
MISSING
subdirs                 acinclude.m4config.h.in                 configure.in.in
 Makefile
NEWS            Themes          aclocal.m4              config.log
COPYING
Makefile.am   po                        TODO                    admin
 config.status
doc                     Makefile.cvs  README                    VERSION AUTHORS

configure       doxygen.conf Makefile.in                stamp-h1        xmms-kde
ChangeLog       configure.files INSTALL                 merge
stamp-h.in
xmms-kde.lsm

All the permissions seem correct... do you have any idea what's going on here?
Since i'm not subscribed to this list, I would be glad if you could cc-me
(address@hidden), thanks