Re: GNU Makefiles, Portable ?

From: Tristan Van Berkom
Subject: Re: GNU Makefiles, Portable ?
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 10:38:42 -0500

Paul D. Smith wrote:
I'm sure they are listed in the distribution somewhere, but here is a
list:

  * Any UNIX/POSIX OS, including all the biggees (Linux, Solaris, *BSD,
    HP-UX, AIX, etc. etc.) plus the less well-known ones.

  * MS-DOS (16-bit)

  * Windows of all types (32-bit)

  * OS/2 (need either the next (currently unreleased) version of GNU
    make, or external patches)

  * AmigaDOS

  * OpenVMS

Thanks for the prompt reply ;-)

  tvb> This is a re-post of a message sent to "address@hidden" *with*
  tvb> the quotes, my mailer added them, and sent the message without
  tvb> errors but it doesn't seem to have made it through...

Nothing came through.  The quotes make this an illegal address; the
contents of quoted strings are ignored by the mailer.  That's why things
like:

  "Paul D. Smith" <address@hidden>

work properly...

looks like: