Make not just for compilation

From: Thomas Cort
Subject: Make not just for compilation
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2004 06:31:29 -0500

Hi,

I just wanted to let you all know that GNU Make is one of my favorite
programs, and you all are awesome for producing such a high quality piece
of Free Software. However, not too many people are aware that you can use
make in a non-programming context. Below is an Makefile for audio
re-encoding. It decodes and encodes all files of a given suffix in the
current directory. Feel free to use it on websites, in books, anywhere.

-Tom

PS: Plz cc any replies as I am not subscribed to this list.

# 1337 Audio Re-encoder Makefile
# Copyright (C) 2004 Thomas Cort
#
# the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or
# (at your option) any later version.
#
#
# along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software
# Foundation, Inc., 59 Temple Place, Suite 330, Boston, MA 02111-1307 USA

DECODER = shorten
DFLAGS  = -x
DSUF    = .shn

FILES = $(wildcard *$(DSUF))