Fwd: make query

From: nikhil sharma
Subject: Fwd: make query
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 13:38:58 +0100 (BST)

 Note: forwarded message attached.

--- Begin Message --- Subject: make query Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 13:36:40 +0100 (BST)
hi,
1)this is my first mail ..i wanna know why the below
makefile works on solaris and not on linux..is ther
any solution through which without manually changing
makefile  we can run this makefile without error on
linux.

makefile is like:

SOURCES=test_make.c test_make1.c
OBJS=$(SOURCES:%.c=%.o)
all:$(OBJS)
$(OBJS):
        $(COMPILE.c) $<
clean:
        rm -f test_make.o test_make1.o

this is not working on solaris because target is
present but dependency is not present..
if someone changed the gnu make code to work fr
that..then plz send me that version of make..

2)i wanted the list of differences between solaris
make and gnu make ..because my project is somewhat
change the gnu make so that it should work as solaris
make..

plz help me regarding that

take care
cheer up