Automatic Search for Object Files in the Link Stage

From: Doron Bleiberg
Subject: Automatic Search for Object Files in the Link Stage
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2005 15:05:14 +0200

Hi,
How can I link several object files which located under different
directories to one executable ?
For example, I want to call
app: a.o b.o c.o
        g++ a.o b.o c.o -o app

a.o: ...

and lets say that a.o is created locally (using the example make) while b.o
and c.o are object files precompiled by other user and which located under
different directory in the file system.
I want the command: make app, to locate and link b.o and c.o automatically
by searching predefined directory path. I don't want to copy manually all
the needed objects before linking time.
I know that I can use VPATH for the prerequisites, but how can I search for
files in the Link stage ?

Respectfully yours,

Doron Bleiberg
Virtual Self Ltd. (TDnet)