Re: Idea: GNU Make Standard Library

From: Paul D. Smith
Subject: Re: Idea: GNU Make Standard Library
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 15:31:24 -0500

%% David Boyce <address@hidden> writes:

  db> My understanding (of course, he can speak for himself but hasn't
  db> yet) is that he's quite conservative about adding new functions to
  db> GNU make source, with the logic being is that guile is the future
  db> path.

Correct.

I agree this kind of thing is a good idea; I've seen some truly nice
examples of things that can be done with eval, etc. posted to the
various make lists, and it would be great to capture those somewhere.

However, I don't expect that these will become embedded into make as
builtin functions, etc.