Question regarding variables

From: Bhaskar G
Subject: Question regarding variables
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 12:06:41 +0530

Hi All,

I would like to know if there is macro that stores list of all the existing variables.
My requirement is as follows. I have a set of variables defined currently which starts with _BG%.
I need to change these variables to begin with _SP% and also need to support _BG% for sometime.

I know that I can individually look for  variables and conditionally assign it as follows
_SPTMP ?= _BGTMP

Can I handle this using a foreach command in make easily? without individual assignments.

Thanks & Regards,
Bhaskar G