Re: Quoted file names matching a pattern?

From: Paul D. Smith
Subject: Re: Quoted file names matching a pattern?
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 13:36:57 -0400

%% Ken Smith <address@hidden> writes:

  ks> When I want to deal with strings in gmake which may have
  ks> whitespace, I generally use $(subst) to replace the whitespace
  ks> with some other non-whitespace token which I can parse out at the
  ks> last minute just before I need to use it in its original form.

This is the other option of course.

The problem is that make won't know about this, so you end up having to
create a lot of temporary files to be sure that the timestamps are
correct.