Re: Problems with make

From: Paul D. Smith
Subject: Re: Problems with make
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 13:57:07 -0500

%% Jorge Enrique <address@hidden> writes:

  je> I have a problems when _I use the make in SOlaris 9
  je> # /usr/ccs/bin/make

This list is for problems with GNU make; you are using Solaris make
here.  You'll need to look for help on a list dedicated to Solaris.

  je> make  all-recursive
  je> bash: make: command not found
  je> *** Error code 127
  je> make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all'

I suggest adding /usr/ccs/bin to your PATH.  Most likely your makefile
is broken and is invoking sub-makes with an explicit "make", rather than
using the variable $(MAKE).  Since it's running "make", you have to have
the directory containing that program on your PATH.