Re: Need Help

From: Dave Hylands
Subject: Re: Need Help
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2005 10:44:18 -0800

Hi,

> We are using gmake to compile our project. I am facing problem to include
> local files.

Firstly, this isn't a make issue at all. Make has no influence over
where the compiler searches for header files, except to be able to
modify the options passed on the command line. So it doesn't matter
what vpath directive or whatever is used in make, it will not alter
how the compiler searches for a header file.

I don't have your source code to look at, but I suspect that the file
that's including ksvid.h is doing so using double quotes rather than
angle brackets.

The interpretation of the double quoted include is to look in the
current directory. The "current directory" is interpreted to mean the
directory containing the file which has the
#include "ksvid.h" statment in it.

--
Dave Hylands
Vancouver, BC, Canada