Re: error while make

From: Paul D. Smith
Subject: Re: error while make
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 09:23:39 -0400

%% "Alexander (UnixBeginner.Com admin)" <address@hidden> writes:

  aca> I have the error:
  aca> g++: error trying to exec 'as': execvp: No such file or directory

  aca> What's this?

This is not a "make" issue.  Your compiler is not installed correctly.
"as" is the assembler, and g++ (the compiler front-end) is trying to run
it but can't find it.

In the GNU utilities, the assembler (as) and linker (ld) are shipped in
the binutils package, not in the compiler (gcc) package.  You don't give
any information about your system architecture, operating system,
version, etc. so there's no much else we can say.

If you can't solve the problem yourself, please contact the newsgroups
and mailing lists for GCC for more help (and provide all the above
information).

Good luck!