Re: Re: "no rule to make target" when target is a variable

From: Ken Smith
Subject: Re: Re: "no rule to make target" when target is a variable
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2006 01:45:25 -0800

On 12/5/06, Brendan Bridgford <address@hidden> wrote:
Here's a fuller picture of what I'm trying to do (pretend for a moment that
my syntax works):

I want to apply essentially the same rules to multiple targets without
explicitly listing each target (i.e. a variable target name), while
retaining control over what gets made (i.e . I don't want "c = foobar
poobar").  Is there a better way of going about this?

You could generate your targets like this.  This achieves what I
believe you were attempting with your example.

Expected output:
% make
foo rules
poo rules