RE: Help with odd dependency

From: Dave Korn
Subject: RE: Help with odd dependency
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2007 17:20:37 -0000

On 07 March 2007 16:59, Smith, Matthew X wrote:

> Anyone?

> The CodeWarrior compiler we are using has this really odd quirk when it
> spits out a dependency file for a precompiled header.  Their precompiled
> headers have a .mch extension, and yet the dependency that is generated by
> the compiler has a target of a .o file.  For example, in the file Math.d I
> have:
>
> Math.o: Math.pch \
>         foo.h \
>         bar.h \
>         .
>         .
>         .
>
> But the precompiled file generated is actually named Math_Debug.mch,
> Math_Release.mch, etc.

  Post-processing the .d file with sed seems like your best bet to me.  Make
the .d file correct, instead of trying to adjust reality to match the error!

  [  I really don't understand what you're doing, copying the .mch file over
the .o; how on earth is the final link going to succeed if you've replaced all
the object files with meaningless (to the linker) binary gibberish?  And your
dependencies don't make sense to me either; the .o file depends on the .mch,
not the other way round.  I think you've got yourself tied up in knots with
this approach. ]

    cheers,
      DaveK