Need help with lists for scripts of various types

From: Billy Patton
Subject: Need help with lists for scripts of various types
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2007 08:40:31 -0600

I have a list :
SCRIPTS         :=  \
                    diffFiles.pl \
                    summarize_v2sv.pl \
                    summarize_svcomp.pl \
                    summarize_sv.pl \
                    summarize_output.sh \
                    summarize_lv.pl \
                    summarize_lfmscheck.pl \

I have a colon definition ( I know it's probably wrong)
xxxx : $(addprefix ${BIN_DIR}/,$(SCRIPTS))  probably need to remove the .pl

I also have :
${BIN_DIR}/% : %.pl
  @$(PRINTF) "Copying %s to ${BIN_DIR}/%s\n" "$<" "$@"
  @$(COPY) $< ${BIN_DIR}/$@
  @$(CHMOD) +x ${BIN_DIR}/$@

I have others for .sh, .bash and .csh.  They almost identical to the one
above.

BIN_DIR is set to some value /dogs/cast/sheep/bin

What I'm trying to do is to copy each of these files, in the SCRIPTS, to the
bin directory without the postfix .*