Re: Clearmake to GNU make

From: Feanil Patel
Subject: Re: Clearmake to GNU make
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2008 11:03:10 -0500

Nevermind, I am dumb.  MAKEFLAGS is what I am looking for.

-Feanil

On Fri, Aug 15, 2008 at 10:53 AM, Feanil Patel <address@hidden> wrote:
Hey Paul,

I've already seen this.  MAKEFLAGS is great if you want to know what flags were set when make was invoked but I want to know what macros were set.

Ex. If the make call is : 'make FLAG1=foo FLAG3=bar target'

is there a macro that lists the macros set on the command-line?  Essentially I want ARGV for the make call.

Also checking the origin of all of the macros is not an option.  There are way too many macros and not all of them are necessarily known to me.

-Feanil

On Fri, Aug 15, 2008 at 10:30 AM, Paul Smith <address@hidden> wrote:
On Fri, 2008-08-15 at 10:06 -0500, Feanil Patel wrote:
> In Clearmake I can access any macros that were set on the command-line
> via the MAKEARGS macro.  It's essentially ARGV for the make
> invocation.  I'm unable to find any similar functionality in GNU make.
> Does anyone know if such a thing exists?

Check the GNU make manual section "Communicating Options to a Sub-make".

http://www.gnu.org/software/make/manual/html_node/Options_002fRecursion.html