Does GNU Make support for parallel compiling?

From: Jack
Subject: Does GNU Make support for parallel compiling?
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2008 11:22:53 +0800

Hi, Make team

  Let me give you an example first. My project Make with following steps:
  1. make $(HOME)/$(HOME)/lib/; make src/;  make $(HOME)/util/;
  2. make $(HOME)/

  In the first step, lib/, src/, util/ could be Maked parallel, after
the first step finished, then Make execute step 2 to produce exe-file.
  As multi-core cpu is popular today, I think it is a wonderful for
Make to support parallel compiling.

Yours sincerely,
Jack

2008-12-03