Re: Automatic variables and implicit rules

From: Jess Telford
Subject: Re: Automatic variables and implicit rules
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2008 20:41:56 +1100

Thanks Sam.

Using the defer assignment, I was able to get it to work exactly as I
wanted with;
CFLAGS                =      -g -Wall -O2 -Wa,address@hidden

However, when I added your further enhancement of dropping the suffix,
I was getting a null string again.

Turns out that you forgot the ":" in the middle there. It worked fine
with the following;
CFLAGS                =      -g -Wall -O2 -Wa,-ahl=$(@:.o=.s)

Thank you again for your help.

Cheers,