Re: [OT] help-make doesn't receive my email.

From: CHEN Cheng
Subject: Re: [OT] help-make doesn't receive my email.
Date: Sat, 22 Aug 2009 11:53:06 +0800

On Fri, Aug 21, 2009 at 09:34:35PM -0600, Paul Smith wrote:
> Quoting CHEN Cheng <address@hidden>:
>
>> I sent several emails to <address@hidden> from Aug 19, but
>> none of them listed in the mail archive:
>> <http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-make/2009-08/threads.html>
>>
>> So it seems the mailing list didn't receive my emails, but I do
>> receive all the traffic from help-make (except mine, of course).
>> I tested my email sending, by sending emails to test accounts, it
>> works well. And I do send emails to people everyday, if gmail
>> malfunctioned, then I should have noticed it.
>>
>> So, am I moderated/blocked by the admin? Would you please help me
>> figure it out?
>
> The email you included was sent out to help-make; I got it.
>
> I checked the admin pages and your account is active and there are
> no extra filters that apply to you that I can see.  Assuming you were
> previously subscribed at this email address (all email to the lists that
> is not from a subscriber is held for moderation) I can't come up
> with any problem on our side that would cause your email to be lost.
>
> If you want to CC me directly on your email for a while to be sure
> things are getting through that's OK with me.

Great! Once you get it, I'm sure I did it right last night.

I checked sendmail log and found it might be a MUA configuration
problem, that the option `-t' was not specified, which now I'm sure
consequently made Cc and Bcc not functioning.

But I was uncertain because of the Great Fire Wall and potential
man-in-the-middle attack (ssl fingerprint of smtp.google.com changed).

Thank you so much, Paul.

Cheers,
Cheng