Re: tar: couldn't get uname for uid 70099

From: Herta Van den Eynde
Subject: Re: tar: couldn't get uname for uid 70099
Date: Mon, 7 Sep 2009 23:43:39 +0200

Hi Carl,

Are these files on a filesystem you share with another computer?  (nfs, samba, ...)  Then the best way to proceed probably is to create an account with uid 70099, similar to the one on the other system.

If you do not share the files with another computer, then the account that originally owned the files may have been deleted.  You can then either again create an account with uid 70099, or change the ownership of the files to an exitsing account.

Kind regards,

Herta