RE: how to include dependencies only if includes changed

From: Mark Galeck (CW)
Subject: RE: how to include dependencies only if includes changed
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 19:23:07 -0800

>The time should be relative to number of total .h files (and I guess
number of included files).

Hmm, from what I see, what takes a long time, is all the lines from all the .o
files, to read in all this stuff, is more that a million lines, then I guess
make checks if any of those lines have anything to do with your foobar.o
target, and finds out most of them they do not.  Anyway, it seems most of the
time is just reading all the files.

>I have a much smaller project (~200 sources + ~250 headers) but I
noticed that the implicit rules of make can really slow things down:

Oh thank you very much, I definitely will take a look and follow your
suggestion if I can!