Re: How to specify a dependence on a directory?

From: Maxim Yegorushkin
Subject: Re: How to specify a dependence on a directory?
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2010 22:17:21 +0000

On 20/11/09 22:42, Peng Yu wrote:
Is there way to specify a dependence on a directory?

directory: somefile
   some_command

If any file in 'directory' is older than 'somefile', then I want to
run 'some_command'. I'm wondering how to do this.

The timestamps of directories get updated when you add or remove files in them. When you change existing files the directory timestamp does not get updated. Just update it manually after some files were changed in the directory, so that the directory timestamp is no older than those of the files in it:

directory: somefile
        some_command
        touch directory

--