Re: multiple targets in one command

From: Philip Guenther
Subject: Re: multiple targets in one command
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2010 18:20:39 -0800

On Fri, Jan 15, 2010 at 9:40 AM, James McElhannon
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Suppose I have a file A that is dependent on B and C.  I have a tool,
> mytool, that can process B and C at one time.  I would want make to do
> "mytool B C".
>
> How can I do this?

You're saying that you run "mytool B C" and it generates file A?  Or
does running "mytool B C" cause it to update B and C?  The former
appears to match what you say above, but your subject suggests the
latter...

Anyway, if it is the former, then the answer is simply:

A: B C
        mytool B C

Philip Guenther