Re: Help with multiple dependencies in pattern rules

From: Oleksandr Gavenko
Subject: Re: Help with multiple dependencies in pattern rules
Date: Mon, 08 Feb 2010 16:22:58 +0200

On 2010.02.08 16:03, Paul Smith wrote:
Second, every pattern rule MUST have a command with it.  If a pattern
rule has no command, then it actually deletes the pattern rule; so your
second line has no effect anyway (it's deleting that pattern rule).

So if I now that .x file include .y and:

%.x: %.y        # just specify dependency

%.x: %.z %.zz   # how build .x
    $(xcompiler) -o $@ $^

when I touch my.y my.x is not rebuilded?

Or pattern rule without command is illegal?

--
С уважением, Александр Гавенко.