Re: How to generate and Loade a "Relocatable and executable ELF" file un

From: Philip Guenther
Subject: Re: How to generate and Loade a "Relocatable and executable ELF" file under ARM
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2010 12:43:35 -0800

On Tuesday, February 16, 2010, ravinder are <address@hidden> wrote:
> I want to build my ELF executable as relocatable under ARM platform, Please
> specify the correct compiler and linker options for this.
> And also I want load this relocatable ELF dynamically to any location, please
> let me know how to load this.

I *think* you're looking for the -pie option for compiling and linking
Position Independent Executables, but
1) I don't know if we support PIE on ARM, and
2) it's not completely clear what you're trying to do.

Kurt's slides about the OpenBSD PIE implementation from, IIRC,
DCBSDcon might answer the former.  Of course, only you can answer the
latter: "what problem are you trying to solve?"

Philip Guenther