Implicit rule cannot handle specific -lm?

From: Eus
Subject: Implicit rule cannot handle specific -lm?
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2010 12:08:57 +0100

HiHo!

In my Makefile, there are three executables.

One needs -lsqlite3 and -lm and the other two don't.

Specifying "LDLIBS := $(LDLIBS) -lsqlite3 -lm" at the beginning of the
Makefile will also affect the other two executables.

Yes, I know that somehow redundant -l* does not affect the programs that
do not need them. But, it causes a processing overhead.

Therefore, what is the best practice for this case? The specified method
above or another better method that you might know?

Thank you.

--
Best regards,
Eus (FSF member #4445)

In this digital era, where computing technology is pervasive, your
freedom depends on the software controlling those computing devices.

Join free software movement today! It is free as in freedom, not as in
free beer!

Join: http://www.fsf.org/jf?referrer=4445