Interating over Target List with Jobs?

From: Erik Rull
Subject: Interating over Target List with Jobs?
Date: Fri, 28 May 2010 22:23:41 +0200

Hi all,

I've a list of targets each in a different directory that was built and now I want to clean them up. Each directory has a own "clean" make target, so I wrote in the base directory makefile:

clean:
        for MODULE in $(MODULE_LIST); do make -C $$MODULE clean; done

But this iterates only module by module and does not allow any jobserver operation via "+ make".

I would like to make clean in parallel because there is not only deleting of files in it but a bit more so it can be really parallelized.

A similar problem appears in if - statements they are all within the same commandline and cannot be handled via "+ make" and the jobserver.

Any ideas how to approach that?

Thanks.

Best regards,

Erik