Re: target variable ($@) as prerequisite

From: ulugutz
Subject: Re: target variable ($@) as prerequisite
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2011 07:04:20 -0800 (PST)

Ahh ok i get it. Yes in your example it works fine. Maybe it's my bad skill
in writing makefiles but it looks different from my stuff. As i create pdf
file not only from png but also svg and so on i did not use a pattern (i
mean like %.pdf) as a rule. Instead i did something like this :

PNG_FILES := $(wildcard *.png)
SVG_FILES := $(wildcard *.svg)
PDFfrompng_FILES := $(PNG_FILES:.png=.pdf)
PDFfromsvg_FILES := $(PNG_FILES:.svg=.pdf)

.PHONY: all
all: $(PDF_FILES)

PDFfrompng_FILES : PNG_FILES
     cp $*.png $@

and you see. it will no longer work :( but as i said maybe there is an easy
way out of this but i am new to all this