RE: is there any way to get at prerequisites of "current" rule

From: Mark Galeck (CW)
Subject: RE: is there any way to get at prerequisites of "current" rule
Date: Wed, 30 May 2012 16:57:36 -0700

Yes of course I am aware of and use all these methods.

But, as Larry Wall of Perl says "all good programmers are lazy".

I am not sure if I am good, but certainly I am lazy.

So I would rather just make a global change of $^ into some other $... or some
other construct, which would get me the current rule prerequisites, and that
would fix all the problems at once.

With the methods you are describing, it is a labourious process.