Re: Differing behaviour between make 3.81 and 4.0

From: Shriramana Sharma
Subject: Re: Differing behaviour between make 3.81 and 4.0
Date: Sun, 1 Jun 2014 06:36:32 +0530

On Sat, May 31, 2014 at 9:44 PM, Paul Smith <address@hidden> wrote:

> This is definitely not right.  GNU make 4.0's behavior is correct.

Yes I understand that. My question was whether this was:

1) an intentional bugfix for 4.0, or

2) something good that occurred out of code cleanup or such so which
is expected to continue in future versions, or

3) a serendipitous occurrence in which case effort needs to be taken
to ensure that it continues in future versions.

--
Shriramana Sharma ஶ்ரீரமணஶர்மா श्रीरमणशर्मा