Re: Conditional include directories

From: Stephan Beal
Subject: Re: Conditional include directories
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2015 13:24:51 +0200

On Mon, Aug 3, 2015 at 6:38 PM, Mike Gran <address@hidden> wrote:

> On a 32-bit box, I need to add it as
> -I/stage2/lib/dbus-1.0/include
>
> One a 64-bit box, I need to add it as
> -I/stage2/lib64/dbus-1.0/include
>
> There are a bunch of ways to do this, I guess.  I could
> check to see if the /stage2/lib64 directory exists.  I could
> somehow check if the box is 32-bit or 64-bit.
>
> What's easiest (in a readability / maintainability sense)?

i would think the simplest way is simply to use the first one it finds:

address@hidden:~/tmp]$ cat foo.make
foodir := $(wildcard /usr/nono /usr/share)
all:
# foodir=$(foodir)
address@hidden:~/tmp]$ make -f foo.make
# foodir=/usr/share

it's not perfect, but it "should" suffice for your case, i think.

--
----- stephan beal
http://wanderinghorse.net/home/stephan/