RE: Target appends to file?

From: rakesh sharma
Subject: RE: Target appends to file?
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2016 14:14:41 +0000

The problem is with the line preceding the vlog line, where the order is
reversed.
dut:       @echo phase 1;        ./shell_script       1> phase.log    2>&1
  vlog $(VOPTS)     1>> phase.log  2>&1

From: address@hidden
To: address@hidden
Subject: Target appends to file?
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2016 10:59:07 +0000

Greetings,

                Having a problem append to a file within a target. I have
the following:

                dut:

                                @echo "Phase 1"

                                ./shell_script 2>&1 >phase1.log

                                vlog $(VOPTS) >>phase1.log 2>&1

                It's the "vlog" line I'm have trouble with, I've played
around where to put the stderr/stdout re-direct,

                and checks the SHELL variable, but can't seem to get it to
append to the phase1.log. The shell script

                works fine. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong here? Thanks for
any help in advance.

                -Tom