How GNU Make is tested

From: Stanislav Pankevich
Subject: How GNU Make is tested
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2016 10:19:22 +0200

Hello,

I and my colleague Alexey Denisov, https://twitter.com/sbpankevich and
https://twitter.com/1101_debian are writing a number of posts in series “System
under Test” http://lowlevelbits.org/system-under-test/.

The post I have contributed there so far is about how GNU Make is tested:
http://lowlevelbits.org/system-under-test-gnu-make/.

I would like to get some feedback on if my high-level overview of GNU Make’s
test suite is adequate and if I missed anything important to be revealed about
it.

P.S. I should have asked this before publication but this idea to ask appeared
in my head after the publication had happened.

Stanislav