Re: can't always get make to auto create build directory

From: LMH
Subject: Re: can't always get make to auto create build directory
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2016 12:29:16 -0400

Paul Smith wrote:
On Tue, 2016-06-28 at 09:08 -0700, LMHmedchem wrote:
When I run this from "make -f makefile al" I get an error,

Well.  You could give us SOME information.  Without knowing (a) what
error you get, (b) what your makefile rule looks like, (c) how you're
invoking make, or even (d) what version of make you're using, there's
nothing we can say.

Well when I first read this response, I was wondering what you had been smoking at 9:00 in the morning. Everything that you ask about was included in my post. I made the post at nabble.com, here is the link for the post.

http://gnu-make.2324884.n4.nabble.com/can-t-always-get-make-to-auto-create-build-directory-td17226.html

Looking at the version of the post I got from email, everything I had posted in [code] tags has been omitted from the post, which is not entirely helpful for a programming forum. I have no idea why this happened. I can, of course, include a copy of the makefile if the information I provided in the post above is not sufficient, just let me know.

Thanks for taking the time to look at this,

LMH