Re: --print-data-base: how to force all filenames to have full path

From: Philip Guenther
Subject: Re: --print-data-base: how to force all filenames to have full path
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2016 14:14:15 -0700

On Fri, Jul 8, 2016 at 2:06 PM, Adrian Muresan
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Is there anything I can do, short of modifying make, to force it to output
> the full path for all files listed in the `--print-data-base` section?

Uh, use full paths for all the files in your makefile?

make --print-data-base should reflect the paths that make is actually
using, which should match the patch in the makefile(s).  To do
otherwise is to mislead the viewer about what make is doing, IMO.

If you're already parsing the --print-data-base output, why can't your
parser handle this by doing whatever canonification that it requires?

Philip Guenther