Re: Issue with foreach statement

From: Paul Smith
Subject: Re: Issue with foreach statement
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2016 11:11:12 -0400

On Mon, 2016-07-25 at 18:47 +0100, Lee Shallis wrote:
> I don't know whether this is because of the way I used foreach or
> whether it is because of the way I used gcc so I'm going to start
> with the snippet involving my foreach statement:

> GNUmakefile:46: *** missing separator.  Stop.
> ERROR: Command `%make% test` exited with status code 2.
>
> The last 2 lines are why I'm trying here first

Well, the best thing is to look at the content of the GNUmakefile line
46 and see what's there, since that's what the error is.

Certainly there's not much help we can give you with what you've
provided to us: you don't show the values of any of the variables
you're using, you don't show which lines make is actually complaining
about.  You didn't even tell us which version of GNU make you're using
or what operating system you're using.  I can infer it's Windows based
on the drive letters in your path names, but in that case we'd need to
know how you built GNU make (it it from cygwin?  MinGW32?  DOS?
Prebuilt from Eli's repository?  Special options?  etc.)

If you provide that detail, and a small, self-contained reproduce case
or at least show exactly which lines of the makefile generate the error
and what the value of the variables used in that line are, then we
might be able to help more.