Re: when executing the command "make", there is a mistake?!

From: Paul Smith
Subject: Re: when executing the command "make", there is a mistake?!
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2016 00:38:39 -0400

On Wed, 2016-08-17 at 06:26 +0000, zhi zunbao wrote:
> i wanna build a linux according to the lfs 7.7.
>

> afte i execute the code below:
>
> chroot "$LFS" /tools/bin/env -i \
>     HOME=/root                  \
>     TERM="$TERM"                \
>     PS1='\u:\w\$ '              \
>     PATH=/bin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/usr/sbin:/tools/bin \
>     /tools/bin/bash --login +h
>

> i enter the new linux, but when i  execute any "make" command (except
> ”make --help“), it shows "Segmentation fault"

We can't help you with this limited amount of information.  At the very
least you need to specify which version of GNU make you're using.  Even
with that we probably won't be able to help, but if you're not using the
latest version (4.2.1) you should try that first.

If that doesn't help you'll have to debug make in your environment to
see why it's failing, and/or ask someone on the LFS list to help you do
that.  Clearly this error is not being seen by others so it must be
related to the specific environment you have.