GNU Make Windows: absolute path to the file that contains the Make file

From: Denis BEURIVE
Subject: GNU Make Windows: absolute path to the file that contains the Make file that is currently being interpreted by Make.
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2016 23:15:42 +0200

Hello everybody,

I use to use GNU Make under UNIX, but (unfortunately), I have to work under
Windows. This is not my cup of tea… and I have the MSDOS, which is a
prehistoric tool. However, I have no choice.

Under UNIX, I use to use this construct in order to get the absolute path
to the file that contains the Make file that is currently being interpreted
by Make :

__DIR__ := $(dir $(abspath $(lastword $(MAKEFILE_LIST))))

This works fine under UNIX.

However, under Windows, it does not work… The result is totally unexpected.

Does somebody know a reliable way to get the absolute path to the file that
contains the Make file that is currently being interpreted by Make, under
Windows ?

Best regards,

Denis