Looking for nastiest makefile that uses function calls to make the makef

From: Brian Cowan
Subject: Looking for nastiest makefile that uses function calls to make the makefile in memory...
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2017 11:45:10 -0500

I'm chasing down use cases for the $(call and $(eval functions to
effectively build the makefile from macros in the makefile (or included
files). I'm looking to stress-test the make tool I support, which supports
GNU make syntax, but I'm finding that elementary usecases don't always
suffice. So, if someone knows of a makefile-from-h**l they have fought
with, I'd love to hear about it... If its in an open-source project, that
would be even better...

Brian Cowan
ClearCase/Licensing Software Advisory Team (SWAT)
HCL Technologies at IBM
IBM Cloud Support
550 King St
Littleton MA 01460