Re: Uupdate value of variable

From: Duane Griffin
Subject: Re: Uupdate value of variable
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2017 10:14:09 +1200

Hi Ignacio,

I think you are trying to assign to a make variable from a command in
a recipe. You can't do that, sorry. Consider that each line in a
recipe runs in a separate shell: it cannot change variables in it's
parent make process or even set shell variables for other lines in the
same recipe.

To understand how to achieve your goal I think we need to know what
you intend to do with CHECK. Is it really a counter or just a boolean?
Do you just want to fail the build if it fails or do something else?

Cheers,
Duane.