Re: Merging rules

From: Sébastien Hinderer
Subject: Re: Merging rules
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2018 20:32:52 +0200

Hi, Basin!

Basin Ilya (2018/06/13 21:15 +0300):
> Hi Sébastien.
>

> > Then make will think that with only one invocation all the different
> > types of files will be produced, which is of course wrong.
>
> I think you've got a wrong impression. Make will run the rule as many
> times as needed to make all the targets.

Strange: I have a Makefile with a rule to generate a parser from a
grammar and that parser consists in two files, and I do believe the
command is run only once, which is fine because it produces both files
at the same time.

Or perhaps is that the difference between pattern rules and static
pattern rules?

Sébastien.