Re: MAKECMDGOALS and spaces

From: Sébastien Hinderer
Subject: Re: MAKECMDGOALS and spaces
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2021 18:35:05 +0100

Hello,

Kaz Kylheku (gmake) (2021/02/13 11:44 -0800):
> Pardon the pontificating, but 've never worked with or seen
> a Makefile that had spaces in a target name; that kind of
> thing is best avoided.

I don't like spaces especially, either. But it seems it's not really
possible to claim one fully supports building on Windows if not
supporting directories with spaces in their names. For instance, one may
want to install to a subdirectory of "C:\Program files". In such a
scenario, one thing that would seem natural to do, at least to me, is to
have targets to creat the required directories.

I am suspecting make would have a hard time handlign this properly, but
if there is any recommendation I'd be very interested.

Sébastien.